June 26, 2006

Blind Date


My friend set me up with her co-worker and, after church, we headed out to one of the fast food restaurants to get to know each other. The meeting was ok, since it was in the get-to-know-you phase, though I couldn't help thinking about how cool it would be if we had name tags and paper hats. Maybe that would have broken the ice.

No, of course not.

It's not my friend's fault. I have been whining about not having a girlfriend ever since we've known each other. Now she's found someone she thinks would jive with my personality and hence, the date, although I find the lack of drive to look at my date as a potential relationship builder a little odd. I must be in the stage where some other thing is more important (like, oh, I don't know. Writing.).

Or it could be an elaborate rationale for having nothing happen.

That's as far as I'll go regarding what happened. It feels weird talking about the details of a date. Maybe that's why no one does it. And who am I to break tradition? For the record, I went to a blind date, nothing happened, 'nuff said.

Maybe I'll elaborate when I'm doing my autobiography, or a short story. Or a novel. Or poem. Or song.

Hmm. Now I know why such devices were invented.

This is pretty interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.