June 15, 2005

Heroes Are Made of These


I am eating dinner as I type, at 1:30 in the morning. Yesterday was about one thing – coding. It took me five hours to figure out that a misplaced no break space was destroying my table layout. It wasn’t even trying to hide. It was just there, beside a Blogger tag, and it took me five hours to find it. All the while I was thinking of calling the whole website thing off and use one of the templates instead (after spending a week on it? Heck no!). Good thing I procrastinated quitting.

See how I invent stuff? How do I do that?

We’ll call the new method, “reverse procrastination”. It’s like your usual procrastination, but you put off doing something bad instead of doing something good or important. When you feel like quitting, you just tell yourself, “I’ll quit after thirty minutes,” and you tell yourself that again after half an hour, and the next half an hour, until finally, having solved that seemingly-minute-now-but-was-humongous-then problem, you don’t need to quit.

I was this close to quitting (extends both thumb and pointer with both tips almost touching each other), but thanks to this reverse procrastination principle, I’ve finished my project! Now I can eat well and sleep peacefully, without the help of food supplements or well-engineered airbeds.

The Reverse Procrastination by Erwin Robledo Kit includes a .jpg image of the Reverse Procrastination method discoverer and founder, Mr. Erwin Robledo; a five-page instructional email guide on how to work from being a quitter to a winner; 20 pages of blank legal-size typewriting paper to record your progress; a one-year calendar for easy progress tracking. And, as an added bonus, I’m giving away not one, not two, not even three, but four, meaningful pats on the back that would boost your self-esteem and relax your back muscles at the same time.

This offer is incredibly price at only $19.95! But wait! Order within the next 24 hours and you will receive three words to live by taken from the world’s top encouragers of all time! So what are you waiting for? Order now!

So this is what I’m like when I’m tired. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.