July 04, 2006

Nothing But the Truth


A friend from my previous call center job asked me how I was via email last week. She told me they were fine; in fact, they just got promoted. It was so hard to tell her the truth that I quit after I got scammed. Though it wasn't my fault, I did raise the team's expectations by telling them all about my new job and what's life going to be, working on what really interested me for a higher pay. It was really embarassing to have nothing to show. I almost told her I was fine.

Now I know how this friend feels. He was one of the few I looked up to back in the org when we were all fired up believing in the Bible and all that. We met a few months ago in a reunion and he told me he was fine working for the government with all the benefits and prestige, when in fact it was all a lie, as another friend told me (I make it sound like gossip. Eww). I wondered why he needed to cover up his life; it isn't in his character to do something like that.

Pride, of course.

Right there and then I decided to just tell her the truth and be done with it. I was in no way going to be like him. After all, I have plans to fix up this mess. I've got no plans to stay a bum forever.

I guess, if I could speak the truth, I should be able to tell you more about what's going on with my life and my attempts to improve my writing. That means typing even the bad things that happens. This should be hard at first, but we all have to start somewhere.

Hi. My name is Erwin. Let me tell you about myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.