July 18, 2006

Something's Holding Me Back


I think my writing skills are improving now. I can write a bit faster than I did months ago. That should be a good thing.

Now I was looking at other writer's blogs and, comparing their rate of submissions to mine, I concluded that I need to write (and submit) more. Getting published on a yearly basis isn't going to be enough for a full-time writer, which is what I want to be.

My problem is that I don't share myself in my writing, and that causes two problems; my writing doesn't connect with the reader, and; I become so careful not to reveal myself that I stall when I write, and so write less.

At least I know what my problem is. That's half of the battle won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.