September 08, 2006

Getting Ready for NaNoWriMo


I got two books today from BookSale: One is CV by Damon Knight (TOR); the other, 20,001 Names for Baby by Carol McD. Wallace (Avon). Nobody's having a baby; I, as a writer, need a list of names to give my characters. This should be a great help for NaNoWriMo. Oh wait, I forgot. I'm doing fantasy.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I reinstalled a journal program I kept a long time ago, before I started blogging. Now I was looking at my past updates, and I was surprised to see that I saved the winning icons for 2004.

I dunno. Now I can officially say that I participated and finished NaNoWriMo two years ago?

A friend invited me to another friend network site. I joined out of courtesy (it would be better to say I didn't want to offend anyone) but really. Do I need to join every network site online? I could barely keep up with the ones I've already signed up with. Yes, Friendster's a little too much for me already. And how many friends do I have over there? Less than 80. That's how antisocial I am. It's not too antisocial though; I have no plans of living as a recluse. Yet.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.