January 08, 2006

What Am I Doing?


It’s always good to see the work of other authors, not just because you learn a lot from them, but that it also makes you wonder why you haven’t written anything significant that propelled you to fame and fortune since you have that confidence that you can do better than most authors that you read. I just couldn’t wait to grab a piece of paper and write whatever comes to mind after spending a few minutes in the bookstore. There’s inspiration for ya.

I used up my free drink from Starbucks today as I spent time with my cousins who happened to visit our church today. One of them worked in a call center near our place (which I plan work in after my contract with my current office expires) and another is considering full time church work. We talked about irate customers and mobile phones and which digital camera had the best value for the money. In other work, talk about nothing in particular. There’s a poem I read somewhere about how people love to talk about nothing and how people who have nothing don’t talk at all; I forgot what the poem was all about. The point was, it reminded me that I was lagging behind my peers in writing and that’s not a good thing. Plus, I’ve got a script to be submitted this Wednesday that I haven’t worked on yet, and all these things become my motivation to write.

Enough with the window shopping. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.