October 05, 2006

Addicted to Words


The NaNoWriMo forums are up, and slowly people are flocking to this website for one grueling month of agony and nerve-wracking fun as people try to finish a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Some of the ancient participants have posted their shoutouts, greeting the first timers (and ain't I glad the Philippines already has its own forum?).

I can imagine that this coming November, after writing for an hour or so to complete the daily recommended average word count of 1,667 words, I'll sit down and write for my new job, which has something to do with creating lessons for e-learning sites and / or clients. And after I'm done with that, I'll be posting my rants online via the blog (of course) then read a chapter or two of one of the novels spawled all over the floor of my room.

Then maybe, if I have some energy left, I can do some short stories / poems for various calls for submissions.

Oh yeah, I'm feeling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.