September 02, 2005

I Hate Computers


I finally figured this out: computers break trusts. They are dependable at first, easy to talk to, entertaining, charming...everything you ever wanted from a friend, but when the going gets tough, BANG! The AI kicks in and the computer amazingly creates (yes, creates) the most unexpected error messages you've ever seen. There is no way in the world that you can keep a straight face and remember the good 'ol times the two of you spent after it crashes, deletes a file, or turns off without any reason WHEN YOU NEED IT THE MOST!

In my case the computer couldn't recognize the printer. It's weird if you think about it: they worked fine before, linked by some special technological bond (called a cable) then suddenly, and without warning, they decide they're not friends anymore. "I don't know anyone by the name of HP Deskjet," I imagine my computer thinking. And just when I need to print something.

I had, by the way, written a comic book entitled, "Erwin Robledo Hates Computers" released last January 2005. Only one copy got bought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.