August 31, 2005

A Thing Called Priority


I would like to inform you all that the story of my intended comic book is taking form already. See, I plan this to be an epic; something that would run for two years at a rate of one book per month. Photocopied of course, unless I find a financer (or somebody volunteers to be).

Hopefully I finish conceptualization by the third week of September. That means I've got enough weeks to finish the first issue in time for the Comic Convention this October. I wouldn't worry if I'd planned a three issue mini-series, but I'm not doing that. This is an epic, with lots of stuff going on. I've never done a comic book of epic proportions before, so this is going to be a challenge. Still, It's decided, and that's what's going to happen.

I haven't written anything about anything since I've found my copy of Civil War 2 Generals and decided to play a few battles. It's a very old game that I bought around '97, and it's the only game I consistently play. I am very much fascinated with that kind of battle: men lining up in a row marching in an open field to meet their adversary in a similar formation, loading their guns and firing on the enemy, the enemy receiving the bullets without flinching and fires back. How do these people just stand and wait for the bullets? What kind of leadership and principle existed in those days that made such an action possible? Amazing.

In ancient times the inhabitants of what would then be called the Philippines took their swords and went head-to-head with Spanish conquistadors, probably under the same state of mind as the Civil War soldiers. Unfortunately, a game featuring the Philippine - Spanish/American/Japanese war has not been created yet.

I have three new stories due this September. Maybe this time (if I stop playing games) my submissions would be accepted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.