August 22, 2005

Trouble with the Website Again


There's going to be a praise night this first Sunday of October in our church. That's two hours of worship through songs to start of the month-long celebration of the church's 25th anniversary. It sounds fun, yes, but the music team only has a month to practice. So I've decided to divide the team into two: one to practice for the praise night, the other to play every Sunday during the service. That way I don't exhaust the team. 'Hope it works.

The team to play every Sunday will be composed of newbies - members less than a month old - to be supervised by two senior members, myself included. They're not that good musicians yet, and we're short of a drummer, which is why I decided to learn how to play the drums in a week.

And the world had just come to an end.

I figure that’s some very bad logic I just did.

I spent over eight hours cumulative fixing up the website, again. By some unknown procedure the greater than / less than (< >) signs of the Blogger tags were converted into its text representation (> <). Could you imagine spending eight hours just figuring out what’s wrong with your site, and find that it’s this just this small thing that’s ruining everything? I guess I should be thankful since it’s just something small and within my technical understanding of websites, but still. It’s like spending the whole day figuring out how to describe orange without saying “orange”. At least I enjoy it when I write, but programming, it’s just not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.