August 13, 2005

No Rest Until Next Week


I've submitted my poem today via email, so there's nothing else to do but pray that all that hard work for one week wouldn't be wasted (translation: I want to win first place). The odds are against me though. Aside from my confessed inability to write good Filipino, there are a lot of talented people who'll be joining.

There's no use worrying now. I've got a 3,500 word deadline on Monday, and I have to figure out what to do in tomorrow's practice. Our official church keyboardist is back and will start playing again during worship through song. He'll be practicing tomorrow at 9; my commitment shouldn't be until 1 unless I feel bad for the team and practice the guitar with the rest of the team.

I have a 3,500 word deadline, and I haven't started anything.

This is because of me. Yes, I'm admitting the fault. It takes me anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours just daydreaming. Yes, I daydream for two hours. And the bad thing is, I forget everything when it's time to write about it.

The moral: dream during the night.

There are three links so far: emanila, faithwriters and isnare. I've placed some sort of content on each of the sites (isnare hasn't approved of my short story yet, still praying) and all that's left for me to do is write two more stories for this site. Then it's promotion all the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.