January 17, 2006

Romans 8:28


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe had a lot of flaws especially with characterization, I noticed, as if the writers were forced to tell, not show, the character’s traits, or had to squeeze the characterization in the so and so minutes the move was given. Is this the trend for storytelling nowadays, or am I just becoming a badder critic? Hmm…

Watching the movie wasn’t all bad. As I edit the comic book script for the second time, I focused on characterization and character action logic. Why would the protagonist (anti-hero) kill one of his comrades? What is his motivation to go to the fairy kingdom? Why does he shoot first and not ask questions later? There is always something good, I guess, to those who seek it.

I opened my second bank account today, and because of a lack of identification I was given a passbook account. I feel so primitive. People actually use passbooks in this day and age? I feel poorer than before. Maybe I should wait for the 90 day period and close the account real quick.

Ok, let’s be optimistic. I’m not planning on withdrawing money from this account; this is purely to accumulate funds until it grows large enough for a time deposit. A passbook would surely hinder withdrawal better than an ATM. Ok, I’m trying hard to be optimistic, please bear with me.

I need more sleep. I need a week’s day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.