October 20, 2005

What I've Thought About so Far


Well, it looks like I'll be moderating the Philippine NaNoWriMo forum this year.

This year's entry has a working title of, "End of Magic". The plot forms as I think about it during the one hour break at the office. I really couldn't call it a lunch break since it's at twelve midnight, but it sure looks like one.

I found this stall that serves a decent meal for P20. That is mighty cheap, but the rice serving is by all standards big. That, and four pieces of tofu, and I'm set to work on the plot (NaNoWriMo rules state that a participant cannot start writing until November).

Plot conceptualization at midnight is, interesting. When writers say they prefer to write late at night or early in the morning, it's because of the silence and the assurance that they will not be disturbed while they write. I write at a 24 hour cafeteria while every nightshifter release stress through hearty, noisy, eating.

Well, as long as I write...

I still have no idea how I'll attend the KomiKon 2005 this Saturday and the church's anniversary on Sunday when I'll be working during the weekend. I knew I should have cloned myself when I had the chance.

Now that I'm getting the hang of working late at night, I might start writing again next week. However, that's the final week of training, and I have no idea how the OJT would feel like. Another round of adjustments?

I just want to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The entries written here are based on true stories. Whenever possible, non-factual events and situations are labeled to distinguish the real from the imagined. Yes, sometimes the author can tell the two apart.